Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's Day

February 14, 2008

I hope everyone had a Valentine's Day as good as mine...
I LOVE Valentine's Day!!!
I love that it is the holiday, for me anyway, that is focused on the little things and just appreciating love in your life, whether it is the love of a significant other, a family member, a child, or simply your friends, who are cherished in your life.
Rick got up and went to work at four o'clock in the morning, so aside from the quick peck on the cheek in the morning, I didn't see him until after work. He brought me orange tulips home on Tuesday and they just happened to open beautifully on Thursday. They are soo beautiful! We both happened to pick each other up a Greatest Hits CD of different artists and a favorite chocolate, accompanied by a humorous, but strangely appropriate, card of choice.
I made linguini and clams and garlic cheese biscuits for dinner and a chocolate cream pie for dessert. We had the kids, Rick's mom and grandmother over for dinner as well. It was just a fun evening.
Now we have a weekend to ourselves. Life is good. I love being HAPPY!!





No comments: