Friday, April 11, 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

As most of you know, I went back to substitute teaching this spring. I love it, because I love being with kids and being able to get up and walk around and interact with others on a daily basis. However, the school year will come to an end and I will be without a job for the entire summer. So, I find myself contemplating whether I should go back to CIGNA and continue in the health insurance field, or if I should simply find a job for the summer. When I weight the pros and cons of this decision, I come up with the importance of job security. If I return to CIGNA, I know that I will have a job everyday. If I continue to substitute teach, there is no guarantee that I will work every single day and no set amount that I will see on my paycheck at the end of the month.

I guess I am really starting to see that I not only have to provide for myself anymore, but I have to help contribute to a household that is now my family and my responsibility. I think that I have always been pretty spoiled and I have never HAD to do anything for anyone but myself. Now, I can't put the entire pressure on Rick to pay bills and take care of the months when there is a shortcoming in my paycheck.

So, I now find myself contemplating the decisions that I have made and need to make. I wish there was an easier way...

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I wish someone would just pay us to be our wonderful selves. That would really solve all my problems. Love you.

Anonymous said...

You know we would love for you to come back =) I miss you!!!!